Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Places



Well friends, I've made it to the end of one of my worst weeks in recent memory. My bone disease and various health issues kicked up with a wild vengeance and I found myself trying to craft (and trying to cope) with arms that would not cooperate, a rib cage that wouldn't let me breathe and a spine that often made physically getting to my supplies really and truly impossible. But here, facing a gloriously sunny Friday, I can count my wins:

1. My boys were clothed, fed home cooked meals (thank heaven for things in the freezer like my Turkey Dinner Meatloaf!) and carted to their various teams and events. Yes, I didn't always make it out of the passenger seat; but they did.

2.  My husband was loved, honored and cherished... I'd say 'obeyed' but then we'd all hurt ourselves falling off our chairs laughing. I'm crap at obeying :-)

3. My house is not much worse... small praise but praise all the same.

4. I made art everyday. It helps me keep the essential kernel of "me-ness" that this ridiculous situation can sometimes try to sneak off with.



Click here to join 30 Days of Lists


6 comments:

Mitralee said...

So hope this next week finds you strong and able to get 'round more. And the snow melting. It is considering melting here when it's not snowing more. Love this page with the words, so pretty!

Bonita Rose said...

art saves me every day too Nicole.
Every day. xo
Feel better. xo

Maggi said...

So lovely to find the good things in the midst of a horrible week. I hope next week is better for you physically!

Michelle Hernandez said...

I'm so sorry to read about this Nicole. I think it's amazing you can still craft and get things done while enduring physical pain. I love the paint techniques you used on this journal entry.

Amy G said...

::hug:: It is really inspiring that, while in pain and hurting, you were able to make the best of it.

Here's to next week being a better one!

xo

dawn said...

I LOVE LOVE this page, it truly looks so happy and beautiful!! I'm sorry to hear about your pain but so inspired that you kept going and getting your art done. It can be what really helps us keep going. I'm so inspired by your journal!!
Enjoy your weekend and the homemade meatloaf sounds yummy to me, your a good mama!!