Friday, October 31, 2014

Coffee Girl Art Journal Page


I've got this strange quirk. 


I keep practicing faces and then using the ones that I'd call fails in my art journal. 


Which has resulted in a good many weird ones making it into 'finished' work and the 'good' ones in a stack of papers with my mail... getting coffee stained as I'm a huge klutz.


This is funny as I've always been a proponent of, 'kill your darlings" and this has a whiff of, "those ones are too precious" to it.


How about you? Do you use your crappy stuff (supplies, sketches, backgrounds, yarn...) and hoard your good stuff?

Just me?


P.S. I'm very happy to be going back to my art journalling roots. It's nice to just mess around with no real concern for the outcome. Makes this girl very happy.

And Happy Halloween!















2 comments:

donna!ee said...

yes, I'm a use the crappity crap stuff first girl cuz if I use the good stuff now I may never find another one...anyways, love your artful style AND you always make me smile! ;D

Penny said...

Guess I consider all my stuff "good" stuff. I got rid of the crappy stuff, lol! :^)
Love these journal pages! Fabulous image! Love the fun sentiment, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny