Thursday, November 20, 2008

Woo-hoo and more Pretty Packages

My bombshell christmas card made the artist's showcase at Bombshell Stamps. I'm so honored. Thanks, Shannon!

This is a card I made for the special challenge over at Sheetload to celebrate Queen Kat Designs 2nd Birthday. I deviated a bit by adding the white square to the center as the finished card needed a bit more depth. All stamps are Just Johanna's Odd Bird Planet. I wanted to make a not-too-christmasy all occasion card that can be used after christmas for festive thank you notes.



My mom-in-law already received her birthday gift so I can post pictures now. I made her several bars of homemade soap and here is how I wrapped them:





I used the November Sheetload sketch "beyond the card."

I have a huge shopping bag that is overflowing with boxes, AOL CDs, oatmeal canisters - anything that would be handy to alter and use as gift packaging or storage. I can't tell you how often it's come in handy. Do you have something like that at your house?

9 comments:

itsallrosi said...

congrats on the Artists Showcase!

Hope said...

Wow, those packages are absolutely beautiful!!! And homemade soap rocks!

CathyR said...

Love the cards. Congratulations on the Artists Showcase that's awesome.

I love the packages for the soaps. What a great gift.

Claudette said...

love your use of patterned paper on these cards...great job

Jen Caputo said...

ooh these are awesome! Love the packaging for the soaps! Beautifully done :)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Gorgeous cards, Nicole. I love the bird on the first one. I'm sure your MIL loved her gorgeous gift! Lucky her!

lauren bergold said...

yes, i have a similar arrangement at my house, it's called THE ATTIC OF DOOOOOM! :)

i saw your comment on CAARDVARKS this morning and just *had* to come and meet someone called "the perky nihilist" (dude: awesome monniker!) and WOW--what ♥fabulous♥ projects, as well!!! and now if you'll excuse me, i think i need to scroll down further!

Claudette said...

oh, my congrat's....on making the Artist showcase, just noticed that on your blog.

Cheryl Hirzel said...

Cute card - love the bird! So fun to hop around and see what everyone else came up with!