Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cake #39: Halloween Cakes, Candy and More



I thought I'd share with you some old and some new ideas for Halloween Goodies.
Every year the boys and I make Haunted Hershey Bar Houses. Two years ago I made a video tutorial that takes you through the incredibly easy process:



 


And last year our favorite scary dessert was Skull Cake with (jello) Blood Worms


This year my energy level is very low - and it's still a week before Halloween - so I opted for one of my favorite kid-friendly baking tricks...

Brownie Topped Cupcakes.

Now we all know how cute this can look with hearts and stencils:


But brownies also carve really well, for coffins and such, and make terrific dirt.

I let my youngest at it, giving him some 24 cupcakes, a pan of brownies, candy, frosting,  candy melts and a "bones" molding tray and he had a blast. I think these are pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, please ask.








Tip: To make skull shaped cupcakes roll up two balls of tin foil or use marbles








Who needs the cupcakes, this one is all brownie!

This one is rather literal, there is a skeleton inside the brownie coffin


Barbie Hand!

Um... yeah... I had to make quite a few of these too. It was so fun just goofing around and making memories.


1 comment:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The Barbie hand is too much!!! These are all wonderful, Nicole.

It makes me wonder what you would accomplish if you had your old energy level back. Phew, I'm tired just thinking about it.