Friday, February 17, 2012

Whole Cloth Quilting


This is my first attempt at whole cloth quilting using free-motion. I followed Julie's example quite carefully and did the best I could with my limited skills. It was so fun!!! I'm hooked.


First you take plain white fabric and paint your design with watered-down acrylic paint.


Add in some patterns.


And free-motion stitch - just outline like you were sketching with a pencil.



(please click to see this full-sized, I'm so excited to have tried something new!)

Have a great weekend, everyone.






5 comments:

CathyR said...

That is beautiful. Great job with the stitching. I love how you are always trying something new.

Carmen said...

Just do it like you were sketching. yeah, right, I'd stitch my fingers to it! :D Yours is of course - just gorgeous!


By the way - I keep forgetting to email you back but thank you for your lovely words over at mine, they mean such a lot. Really.

Anonymous said...

OH, my!!! This is gorgeous!!

milkcan said...

Looks wonderful, Nicole!

Maggi said...

That is very cool indeed! Love the idea of painting the fabric first and then stitching, awesome!