Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Cards: Love Notes



Only one week until Valentine's Day!

We don't actually celebrate V-Day but I do love an excuse to send cards to friends so I made up a few. 

Hearts are my favorite shape so when the Simon Says Stamp Challenge was Love Notes I couldn't resist.

Usually when I start making a card I dabble with this and that until the idea comes together. In this case, I made several related cards until I found the design I loved best. 



It all started with the quote: 

"Hearts are wild creatures, 
that’s why our ribs are cages/."


 As soon as I saw it on Pinterest I had to use it. In fact, I printed off a whole sheet of them -
 this V-Day found it's theme.

So I made this one. 



And then I tried it horizontally and with a felt heart instead of the three mixed-media punched ones.


And I tried washi tape and two hearts fussy cut from dp.


And I had a scrap of this glitter paper that I tried out too... it got a little messy when the ATG wouldn't stick and I had to ModPodge it all together. I regret attaching the front to a white card as the edges are gessoed and it looks really cool. On a darker card it would show up, this way it's lost unless you are seeing it in person. 


So I went a somewhat different direction and gave this horizontal card wings. It's very glittery and fun.


But in the end, it was a variation on the first card (aqua book paper instead of aqua dots, stitching on punched hearts) that was my favorite and if I was to make multiples this would be the one I'd choose. 




For me, it's more fun to work on a design in a way that creates lots of mail to share than to just tear things apart looking for that one best idea.


Which one's your favorite? 

Let me know and I'll pop a valentines or two in the mail for a couple of you lovely readers.



11 comments:

Gill said...

I love them all Nicole but my favourite is the one with three skinny hearts!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

SisterMuse said...

Love all of them, but maybe my favorite is the first one. Love the text paper and the shape of the hearts. You have a great website. Glad to have found you!

Sandra said...

fabulous cards! Love the sentiment! Really striking! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Lindsay @ Diary of a Crafty Lady said...

I love love the one that looks like polka dots, with a little glitter. Fabulous! I want to make some vday cards for friends now :)
Thanks!

Hazel Agnew said...

Love them all but really love the red splats. Xx

Sheila Kay said...

I love the horizontal one. I really love them all.

Sheila Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beulah Bee said...

My fav was your fav too, but these are all so nice! I can see why you were picked for the designer spotlight at SSS. Congrats!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

HI Nicole, I saw your beautiful card over at Simon Says and was wondering if you want to link it up with the STAMPlorations challenge this month - it would be perfect for it! Cornelia
http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-challenge-stamps-stitches.html

DORIS LORI said...

Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas about a spell caster named Dr. PADMAN I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. PADMAN helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. PADMAN for help. Dr. PADMAN assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. PADMAN did for me. Contact him today via Website: https://padmanspell.com/index-3.html E-mail:(padmanlovespell@yahoo.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +19492293867