Monday, January 5, 2015

Any Day Diet Challenge


Hey everyone, as predictable as leaves changing color in the fall, the desire to improve your health in January is a strong one. It's something I've been working on since last summer but January is always a kick in the pants to level up your efforts.

But I'm not a real big fan of any one diet. I tend to cobble a lot of ideas together into on cohesive (to me at least) idea of what 'healthy eating' looks like.

This year I made myself a plan that is scalable to as little or as much as you need. For example, mine says, "120 Day Diet" because our trip to St. Croix is about 120 Days away. If you were using it you could say, "Seven Day Diet" as anything is possible for seven days. Or 21 Day Diet as there's always jibber-jabber about habit-forming and such being a 21 Day thing. My point, it can be whatever you need it to be.

Here's the basic  Simple Health plan. Print a sheet each week. Fill it out as you meet the objectives.

(click to see it bigger)

I included a bribe in there... did you see it? You can exchange not eating late at night and turning off your screens for booze, candy and chips. Because realistically, a diet without a glass of wine or the occasional cookie is doomed. DOOMED I tell you!

Each week there will be two challenges. One is to have a small adventure i.e. do something fun. The second one will be announced each week. It will be diet and exercise focused for the most part. For the first week there is only one challenge as I thought getting used to the chart is challenge enough.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory but if you have any questions let me know and I'll answer them as well as I can. 

This plan suits whatever you fancy; vegan - no problem. Paleo? Check! Pescetarian? No problem. Only eat white foods... might be tricky. 

It goes without saying that I'm not a doctor or dietician. Use at your own risk ;-)

You can download and/or print this week's file HERE.



2 comments:

Karen Compton said...

I love this check-off sheet! I often just make up something in Excel, and post it on the fridge - it helps me keep on track.

Dunx said...

this is a really nice checklist - a good distillation of other logging plans, and I especially like that there's no explicit logging of foods eaten. Estimating points and/or calorie content of food is one of the hardest things about plans like Weightwatchers (the hardest, of course, is just sticking to it).