Thursday, February 12, 2015

Framed Mixed-Media Heart Wall Decor


I'm having a great time with these patterns. 
Sometimes I've been doing them in my art journal, sometimes on loose paper - my son has been doodling them on his arms. LOL.

This one leapt off the page and into a salvaged garage sale frame. I now have a really cute little accent for my bathroom. 


For a focal point I added a recycled playing card. You can view my tutorial for them HERE.


All this color and texture makes me happy :)


I had a little strip left so instead of replicating it in my journal, I cut a piece out and glued it in. Having a pattern index is SO awesome. It's totally worth the additional effort. You can see it all finished in the top pic.


Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the framed heart! It will look great in your bathroom!

Penny said...

Just gorgeous, Nicole! Love the combination of texture and color! :^)
Hugs, Penny