In the past, I've blogged about my "craft space"... a calendar blotter, and how I'm really happy with this system. As my projects have gotten wetter, stickier and more goopy I've needed to use about five blotters a year. Which at the Target dollar spot costs me about five bucks and I get the bonus of having the nice chipboard backs for other projects.
After making all the pages for my Art Journal, my blotter looked pretty cool. Not one to waste, I decided it would make an awesome base for a LO.
(As always, click to see details)
I tried attaching my journalling block with paint to make the area stand out a bit from the rest. It was a neat new messy way of sticking stuff together and I'm glad to have it in my arsenal.
Tip: When you are doing a lot of ripping and curling, sewing down your elements helps them stay put during all the abuse you put them through.
As always, I bow down to the awesomeness of Alisa Burke. Without her classes I never would have tried stuff like this.