Thursday, January 15, 2009
This cute flamingo has fallen into the same trap as I did in the leg-warmers, rainbow suspenders and headband era. LOL.
Dianne's pumpkin claire flamingo right 1685I is one of the Uber-cute stamps featured in the upcoming Odd Bird Planet Chinese New Year Sale. I also used the Trendy Pieces stamp and Pink Paislee Pop Fashion Paper.
Do you have dedicated craft space? I don't, but even ladies who do have a scrap room often end up working in the kitchen or living room sometimes. Then you run into gluey tables, having to clear everything up to make room for dinner... oh, the horror! As a gal who does all her crafts at the kitchen table, I got a little weary of packing up my kit and kaboodle every time a meal rolls around. I heard some ladies use blotters when they stamp for cushion and a light went off in my brain. Now this is what I do:
And here is why it's perfect:
1. No gluey, inky table
2. You can write assignments, contest/submission deadlines etc. right on the calendar
3. Nice cushion for stamping
4. Can pick it up and move it to a counter when we eat and then bring it back when we're done.
5. Trash stays in trash bucket, not all over the place.
6. When not in use, calendar can slide away easily in pantry.
Why two calendars? Because I do a lot of coloring with colored pencils and I need a smooth surface to work on. The pink blotter is for ink, stamping and coloring and the green one is for scrapbooking so it gets covered in paint, adhesive, holes from paper piercing etc. I usually just stack them up on the table (lots of cushion) and can switch them as needed.