Saturday, January 10, 2009

Altered and Eco-Friendly

My friend Angela (who is the newest moderator at TSR - congratulations!) altered a priority box and i just had to make one too. It's genius actually. Each month my kit comes in a priority box and whenever I get too much paper I end up buying more Crop Hoppers. Now instead of throwing out the boxes that come in the mail, I can alter them and have all the storage I need.

Start by cutting the top of your priority box into the general shape of a magazine file.



Cover it with your favorite paper and then fill it with kits, cardstock etc.



We haven't had power since last night and by the looks of the crew digging up the road to find the power lines we might be out a few hours more. I'm updating from the library but after this you probably won't hear from me until the power is restored. Our Sweet Chocolate is at Doggy Daycare because he can't tolerate the cold and we've wrapped our fish tank in blankets. Otherwise we're just waiting it out. We'll probably go to a movie this afternoon and then check back home to see if we're back on the grid.

10 comments:

Shawnna Samples said...

oh no .... hope you get power back soon!!!

Mary C. said...

This is a fantastic idea!!!! You could even make one for your phone book or some notepads and pens by the phone. This idea has awesome possibilities. Thanks for sharing. BTW that is one of my all time favorite, non-Crate papers ever. I am out of that one now. To my knowledge you can't get it anymore.
Lucky girl.

Claudette said...

funny I have been recycling these boxes like this for sometime....I just thought what a waste to toss them.

Barbara Ferguson said...

YAY for recycling!! Looks darling!

Kathi said...

Way to go! I love to find ways to re-purpose stuff and reduce the waste-stream.

Plus, it's very pretty and much more decorative than the Cropper Hopper ones!

Laura said...

What a great idea! I love the box. I am sorry you don't have power. I hope you get it back soon. Have a great day!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I hope you got your power back! That's awful! I've seen others make these before, but this one is GORGEOUS! It's really fantastic!

Unknown said...

That is a great idea!

I hope the heat's back on at your place!

Claudette said...

hope all is ok....haven't seen you post

Angela said...

Your box looks lovely Nicole.
I actually need to make a few more.