I've been remiss in mentioning that I'm the January Diva at the scrap-room. Among other things, I get my own forum to chatter in - and you know I can type the ear off a saint - and I had the privilege of choosing the challenge this month. Here it is:
I like to try new techniques and have played around with many different crafts and hobbies over the years. When I think of all the options available, sometimes pre-made scrapbook embellishments just don't cut it. One of my favorite things to add to a layout is a little piece of my self. Some of my favorite ways of doing this is to doodle on my pages, draw pictures, alter book pages, rubber stamping, use punches or tear patterned paper to make flowers, add fabric, hand stitching, embroidery, crocheted borders - the sky is the limit. My challenge for you is to make a layout that features:
1. Doodling or a hand drawn title
2. Fabulous texture - like lace, corduroy, denim, canvas, sand paper etc.
3. At least three home made embellishments.
4. One embellishment (counts towards your three) that reflects another hobby or interest or yours. For example, someone who knits or crochets could use a length of knitting instead of ribbon. A book-lover could punch flower petals from the pages of a paper back etc.
When you post your layouts please include a note about what hobby is represented.
Now I know a lot of you ladies are mad-talented scrapbookers so come on over and play. It'll be fun. I promise.
Things to do:
1. Come play at the cyber crop next week.
2. Do my challenge and post your awesome art at TSR.