Tuesday, June 19, 2012

They Went Peacefully About Their Tasks

This was an interesting project. I took the leftover pages from last years Stampington calendar and decided to use them in my art. 

For this one by Colette Copeland, I covered the existing image in heavy body acrylic but left the shoes, bird and quote uncovered.

please click to enlarge

Then I added in my own image and embellished the whole thing with paint and Stabillo pencil.

I love the challenge of starting with an existing calendar page. 

This is my first time trying to draw a face in the style of Mindy Lacefield of Tim's Sally

6 comments:

Sudha said...

Interesting. LOve this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

A bird in the hand said...

Very sweet!
I'm glad you kept the bird ;)

Colette

Carmen said...

I love the texture on there. Can't believe she is your first attempt - she's fab!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Nicole- fabulous face :) hey, I think I have to do this index card thingy...oh love yours!

lee woo said...

Know that you are always safe. And also know that it's possible to move from the old to the new, easily and peacefully. See the link below for more info.


#peacefully
www.ufgop.org

Silvia Jacinto said...


Mistake does not only teach you how to be strong but also how to stand up again and to do good next time. Visit my site for more information. Have a good day always and thank you for sharing your knowledge and wonderful article to the public. I do hope that you can inspire more readers.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net