Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This is the Part Where You Find Out Who You Are

One of the classes I took last year had us make a cardboard "canvas" from cereal boxes. To be honest I had little faith in them so I let them 'hang out' in my craft area and suffer some injustices before I started decorating them. Turns out that they are TOUGH and I really like the irregular nature of a hand-formed oval. What do you think?


Here's the back so you can see how I did it:

I made a little series of these and will be sharing more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jennifer White said...

Crafty Diva! You are always full of inspiring ideas! We need to put a 'helmet cam' on you for a few hours. Now that would be priceless how it info~

My name is Erika. said...

I think it looks great. It doesn't look at all mis-formed (the oval) to me. I think the bright colored lady really perks up the item.

Carmen said...

Absolutely gorgeous - just love it. The black, the colour, the quote... Yum!

Tina said...

We love using recycled food containers to craft with! All they need is a few layers of old book pages and they are super sturdy.

I love the look of the black with the colorful silhouette. Great job!