Friday, February 1, 2013

Inquisitive Green Fairy Painting


When I was making this inquisitive fairy I was thinking about how young women come to an age where they are still child-like but their gazes hold the wisdom of the ages and their questions pierce through all the noise to the very heart of things. It is an interesting, precocious, in-between step that is fascinating to observe.

Have you noticed that too


Still loving dimensional paste, all that luscious texture makes me so happy!


And I continue to work on faces. 

I look forward to the day when they are easier and I can be looser in my drawing of them.



This is one of my favorite quotes, I even have it on our budgeting money envelopes.


2 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

I love this quote and the idea of it on your budgeting envelopes is perfect.

I know what you mean about that child/woman stage. My own daughter is there now.

Gez Butterworth said...

She looks deep in thought Nicole, she is gorgeous. Loving her wings xx