Friday, February 7, 2014

PTI: Timer Challenge Valentine's Card

Hey Everyone, I thought it would be fun to try my hand at the PTI Timer Challenge. Here are the details:

The-challenge
Welcome too our first ever Timer Challenge, in honor of the *time travel* theme for Stamp-a-faire this year. You are encouraged to grab a timer and get creative!
  • You have 7 minutes to grab 7 supplies to use on your card.  This needs to include your ink, paper and stamps too, so maybe you should be sure to grab the basics first and go from there!  (You do not need to count adhesive as one of your limited supplies.)
  • Then create a quick card in 17 minutes or less using the supplies you selected!


My supplies (can I say right now how happy I am that I picked full sheets of cardstock? I was going to just grab folded cards but that would have been a giant fail... wait and see.



1. kraft cardstock 2. white card stock 3. Live Love Life stamp set
4. doily 5. red sequins 6. black Staz-On 7. felt heart from Target dollar spot

So I set my timer and got started. First I glued on the doily and then I went to stamp and I didn't have a stamp block. Darn! What to do???

The only thing in my seven supplies that could double as a stamp block was the ink lid but you can't see through it. I have a bad feeling about this.


Oops! Do you think my valentine will notice that "+ ME =AWESOME" is upside down. 

So I used the other half of my paper and tried again.


EEK. Fail. So I flipped it over and tried again. 


Good enough (not great) but now I had to peel off the doily and put it on the new card.


It worked. No rippage. All that was left was gluing in some sequins and applying the self-adhesive heart.


Whew. And I only took 11:29 - time to spare!


Thanks PTI for the fun challenge and Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

donna!ee said...

love this, big fun... ;D