Monday, July 26, 2010

Finished First

Wouldn't it be nice if I was posting about a race of some sort... like, the Ironman in Kona. But alas, all I'm posting is the first half-done project I've completed for Finishing Week.


This is a canvas I made to fill in the big blank space behind our toilet. I've hated looking at that wall ever since Brayden lit the etagere on fire. Accidentally, of course. Since boys pee standing up, I thought it would be a nice place to say, "I love you" and that they'd see it frequently.




Did you see how GIRLY that turned out. Oops. I don't often end up quiet so frou-frou but it just kept leaning in that direction. The only thing to note is that if you are economizing on a project, stitching/embroidery is the cheapest way to make something look special and have that bit of texture that's always needed.

I got a bloggy award from Libby:


Isn't that sweet? Thank you, Libby!

Now to sum up my blogging philosophy... try to be real. Share appropriately. Provide ideas and stories that trigger action in others. Be helpful. Be a modern Titus 2 girlie. Don't be competitive. have fun...

Oops, the rules were, "in five words"... so:

Be Real. Have Fun. Share. 

I'm not going to nominate ten blogs, instead, if you think you have a blog with substance and want to pass it on, consider yourself tagged :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of your I love You piece. Nice.

Carmen said...

What a great idea :) Love that chandelier. And big congrats on finishing your first half finished piece :D

TLF said...

This looks awesome!! I love it!

Ashley Newell said...

I love this! It IS really girlie for you. I had to do a double take to make sure this was really your blog! ;) And I this it's pretty darn adorable that you are gonna hang this so the boys can read it while they pee. So stinkin cute!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Nicole, this is great! So beautiful and sure, it's a bit girlie, but sometimes we need that ;D I love that you are using it in the bathroom. What a fab way to bring a little something special to one of the more utilitarian rooms in the house.

Dara Lynn said...

I think it is perfect idea, and better, it was made by you! I love the extra touch of stitching :) I was like Cheryl who commented before me... is that you??? I love seeing this creative girlie side from you! I commend you on keeping it real...real fun and sharing the real you!

Kathi said...

Wow. I think it's fabulous.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wonderful!

Brayden lit the etagere on fire, accidentally?!

Even though it's not very macho, I bet he's relieved to have something - anything - cover the evidence of that unfortunate occurrence.

Family stories recounted for generations are made of such stuff. lol.