Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cute Clips - Clothespin Craft

Thanks so much for the overwhelming response to my Paper towel Wreath for Fall. You guys are all so sweet. Special thanks to Jenn at Tatertots and Jello for featuring it and to Michelle at Someday Crafts for posting about it.

(click all pics to enlarge)

One of my all-time favorite blogs is Mish Mash by Michelle Wooderson. She has a thriving Etsy shop and is a DT member for PTI - did I mention she's crazy talented too? Last week she posted a tutorial for stained and embellished clothes pins and I loved them so much I had to make some. This is unusual for me because for the most part I am an admirer of tutorials - I seldom haul out my crap  stash and make them myself.

Here's what I made:
Set #1:


Packaged:


Set #2:



Set #3:


Packaged:


I tend to use clothes pins in place of paper clips and staples. They're great for holding receipts together until you do the books, keeping forms and papers in order and for closing bags. I wouldn't recommend using these on clothes though as I worry the stain might come off on clothes and even with Mod Podge the paper might not withstand hard weather and moisture. These would also be cute with strong magnets on the back to use on your fridge or whiteboard.

My first set went to a really nice neighbor of ours who I was owing a thank you gift. I simply painted a big messy smoosh on a lunch bag, heat set it and wrote my note in Sharpie. Then I dropped the gift in, folded the top down and clipped it with an extra clothes pin. 


10 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Very cute! I love making these! I made some, for my daughter's bridal shower, to use as game prizes. I like button detailing!

chksngr said...

THIS goes into the things I can make as gifts file! I LOVE this idea and how you have packaged them...brilliant!

Danielle Leal said...

I love them! I love clothespins crafts! I've got a few more ideas that I am playing for all the clothespins I have.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So cute ... I just might have to make some of these, too! Oh, BTW, your wreath was awesome. Keep up the good work, I enjoy watching.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Those are so cute - and useful! I love useful.

Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Totally fabulous! Great project!

Kas said...

These ARE cute. We use clothespins for so many non-clothespin things. May have to do more than paint mine now that I have seen these!

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anete Benedict

Liz said...

OOOOwww I love them, and I think I might try them myself!! Thanks so much for a great blog, I am a new follower and love the inspiration!

mamita said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing your projects.