Monday, October 8, 2012

Evolving Card Design: Part One

Since I'm down with making seventy of these cards for Christmas this year, I think it's safe to say that I like the design. Something about the simple layers just gets me.

But, as usual, I got a little bored after six in a row and decided to treat myself with mixing it up a little.

So I made this:

It was still pretty easy.
Step 1: Stamp Chevron on card base in Versamark Ink
Step Two: Sprinkle with Clear (or white) embossing powder and heat.
Step Three: Apply distress ink somewhat randomly with foam pad. I used Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed and Spun Sugar
Step Four: I'm assuming the top layer is pretty self-explanatory, cut out clouds. Attach some on top with dimensional tape. Cut a few extras and make them into trees by coloring them green - layers of mustard seed and tumbled glass makes the green pictured - add your sentiment.

Here's a better look at the rainbow chevron layer - my Versamark ink is just filthy with glitter but I decided not to worry about it. 

A little sparkle is a good thing!

So I was all excited as the challenge (in my mixed-up mind) for WCMD at Ellen Hutson was

trendyscenewithdistressink

See what happens when I read on little sleep with no coffee???

In reality, there were challenges (PLURAL) so this one is for

"It's time to get your trend on - this challenge is to use a trendy shape such as the chevron, hexagon, triangle, etc on your project.

And Ranger has a challenge to go with the release of individual Distress Seasonal Distress Ink Pads:

OOPS!

Please check out my next post for the latest version of this design.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Genius design, beautifully executed.

You should win all of those challenges.

Your card is gorgeous. I've got dibs on a card of this design. *wink*

Kittie said...

This is so precious!!!!!

CathyR said...

Great card. I love the cloud trees, genius idea.

Gez Butterworth said...

STUNNING card, fabulous & unique xx