Friday, April 16, 2010

Easy Homemade Translucent Paper and Project

I posted a tutorial at Gauche Alchemy this morning. It's an easy step by step way to make paper like this:


Using dyed paper towels, tissue paper and napkins.

And then turn it into something like this in minutes:



I love the see-through quality of this paper and am hoping to make some home decor for windows in the near future. This project was the reason I dyed paper towels in the first place and used the extras for a Paper Towel Flowers Wreath:




Happy Friday everyone :-)

Linked up with:

The Girl Creative



8 comments:

Scrapamum said...

I'm going to have to check out that tut! Looks fabulous!!! Happy Friday to you too. How have you been feeling?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. I love you blog. Can't wait to read more.

-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

I really love the paper-towel flower wreath Wreaths are so in right now. What a fun idea.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Amazing! You've created such truly beautiful projects with such a humble foundation...paper towels! What will you think of next?!

Maggi said...

Love it love it love it! Happy Friday!

Jess said...

This project is really cool too!

Jenn said...

You are seriously so creative! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today. I was going to email you or leave a comment once we were done with the wreath to show you how you inspired us! I have the perfect place in my house to hang it also! I also like how it is a project that I can do with my kiddos during the summer!
Have a fantastic day!
Jenn
{redberrybarn.blogspot}

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

The food was YUM with a capital everything, but this really has me drooling! You are the paper towel Goddess!!!! Can't wait to go read the tutorial.