Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Berry Basket Perpetual Journal

When I first saw pictures of berry basket perpetual journals on Design Sponge I immediately thought of friends of mine who would suit such a gift.


Berry baskets aren't the easiest thing to find in the winter and I was worried about their longevity so I got the ceramic berry baskets from Anthropologie. I fell so in love with them that I've since bought three and I have them out on a little side table with my Project Life journal cards and what-nots.


The instructions said to cut index cards in half, but our Office Depot had packs of halved index cards and it was only a few cents more... like four cents more. Saved me a bundle of time too.


For the month dividers I used manilla tags, cut down to fit, and I topped them with flat embellishments like stamping, paint, music paper and a little bit of the "Art to Borrow" sheets you get in Stampington publications




It was nice having so much baker's twine in my Brown Paper Packages Kit - I wrapped all sorts of gifts and still had enough for this project. 




5 comments:

Maggi said...

That is very cool! Those berry baskets are a great idea and I love your tags!

Michelle Hernandez said...

They are beautiful!!!! LOVE your tags! The stamping is really first rate and all those colors are making me so very happy! pinning this- it's just really COOL.

Michelle said...

I can't wait to try this project!

Bonita Rose said...

love love these... and love the music paper on the tags too... u are so so creative.. love them!

Patti Tolley Parrish said...

Hi Nicole...love these! In fact, I love these so much, I tried my hand at it and gave you a mention on my blog. Hope you'll check it out...

http://inkyobsessions.blogspot.com

Best,

Patti