Friday, March 22, 2013

Surrender to the Wind: Mixed Media Painting


This might be my favorite painting to date, but you've all heard that before. It's funny how attached we become to our art. Then a new shiny thing comes along and the new one is the most favorite. 

This one though - it feels like I was sharing a part of me. And that is what I've been working toward.

Before:


And After:

I love how the funky background made each flower so unique.


This was my second attempt at block letters. They are both harder and easier than you'd think. I bet practice will make a huge difference... and confidence.


I may turn this project into a class. In my opinion, it would be accessible to everyone from motivated beginners to advanced crafters. 

What do you think?


For me, I love a piece that is easy enough to do but looks wonderfully complex.


Have a GREAT weekend!
Warmly,
~~~Nicole



2 comments:

Dagmar said...

wow - this is beautiful - the colors and the connection of the text with the swing - fantastic! This makes you really happy and cheerful!
Many greetings and a nice weekend, Dagmar

Sparkly Engineer said...

I think it would make a great class and you would truly be sharing a gift with others.