Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Neon Pink Applique Bag




For this tote bag I took strips of painted canvas and sewed them together both horizontally and vertically. Once I had a nice big piece to work with, I cut the cloth in a large circle and sewed it on the front of the tote. 

Lately the idea of embellishing with layers rather than contrasting colors has been really appealing. 

This is the back :-)


By boxing the corners, the bag is nice and deep. I love how it looks and how flat it sits.






3 comments:

Penny said...

Very cool! Love the vibrant colors! And the layered fabric on the front is really different and such fun! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous, Nicole !
Corrie x

Carmen said...

Love this Nicole. And a truly one of a kind bag.

I've been wanting to get my machine out for ages - bit worried with inquisitive little fingers about at the moment though - maybe when he starts nursery ;)