Friday, September 21, 2012

Shelves & Jars Two Ways

I loved Junelle's mason jar project posted on Christy Tomlinson's blog yesterday so much I decided to try making one myself. I was careful to just glance at the picture once and close the window as I wanted to be "inspired by" not out right follow along step by step.

In the end, we're talking jars on shelves so there's going to be a lot of similarity. But, being me, I wasn't content  just making one. I decided to make a Halloween themed canvas as well. 

Both canvases measure 8x10x3/4


To me, nothing says 'abundance' like a full pantry. And if that pantry is filled with the bounty of summer all the better. I wanted to take the jar idea a bit farther so I filled mine with the things that make me feel exceedingly blessed - like good health, play and rest.




This one was a fun, seasonal different take on the theme.


It was a hoot making potion bottles and using up all the cute bibs and bobs I had in my stash to make them spooky.

Hope you enjoyed seeing this project interpreted two ways. I'm itching to make a Christmas one, or a shelf filled with little house... the possibilities are endless.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

These are so much fun. Love the labels of 'you' but you just know my favourite is that Halloween one! So much fun!

Kathi said...

Those are both so wonderful.

I love all the details!

My favorite bit is probably the ruler paper used as a jar lid.

Susan said...

Enjoy your work! Bright and inspirational. It's what I needed to lift my spirits today