Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little Pieces

Janine, the April diva of the month at TSR, asked me to design a sample for her using paper posies. Since I am a big fan of these easy-peasy little beauties I was happy to comply. What struck me as interesting though was that this LO is wholly made up of scraps, some buttons and a piece of kraft cardstock. I dug into my scrap bag and ripped circles, went through my ribbon and found some pieces that would work and voila - a LO done for very little expense. Sure, no one is going to be knocking on my inbox asking to publish it but that isn't why I scrap. I scrap to remember the people, places and times that make my life beautiful.


Fun things you can do with little pieces of patterned paper:

1. Make a teeny posie for "o" or the dot for an "i" in your title or journalling.
2. Grass. Since grass is sort of clumpy it works well with an assortment of inch long piece. Ditto for stems and leaves.
3. Flowers. Posies like this are fun and lend a charming feel to your LO. All you do is rip paper in cicles, scrumple them and then ink the creases and edges. Stack them up, add a button or brad and your done.
4. Punches and Die cuts. I sometimes punch the last bit of paper into a flower, heart or other useful shape and then have them on hand when I scrap. It never takes long before they find their way on to a page.
4. For slightly larger scraps, you can stamp journalling spots onto them and then set them aside for a nice decorative element and space to write.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

but like everything you create....this is SO wonderful - i just LOVE your style (and i can definitely see it published in a magazine)!!

CathyR said...

I think it is a very publish worthy layout. I love the flowers. Kraft cardstock has become one of my favorites to use too.

Claudette said...

I see there is no end to your creativity, the layout and cards shown are fantastic.
Thanks for the welcome home also....
Claudette

Char said...

I love your paper posies that were featured. It looks great on this LO. I am going to try to make a few myself.

Unknown said...

Love your posies. Great job using up your scraps!