Monday, July 16, 2012

You Are Only Confined By the Walls You Build Yourself

You are only confined by the walls you build yourself.


What a powerful statement. Lately I've been thinking a lot about what I'm able to do and what I can not and then I've been asking,
 what walls am I building around myself

Turns out there is a lot more that I can do then I think I can if I don't let fear or ego hold me back. 


I love the interplay between the purple, the flowers and the spray paint here. Had to share a close up.


This is my first Modern Girl who's wearing pants. I wanted to make someone that really represented how real women look on a normal average day. For me, that would be jeans, a cute t-shirt and haphazard hair. 


I hope you enjoyed the little chances I took with her. It was fun making something quite different from the others.


4 comments:

donna!ee said...

love the gorgeous boldness of her & the background "wall" open to interpretation...thank you much for sharing. blest be :D

Carmen said...

That purple is just gorgeous! She looks fabulous - look at those calf muscles - she must be a runner too eh? ;) Love her, love the colours, love the quote! You are on a ROLL Nicole :)

Unknown said...

Blogger needs to come up with a *like* button in the comment section. lol

Chantelle said...

WOW, another stunning canvas - your work is so inspiring. TFS :)