Monday, October 8, 2012

Evolving Card Design: Part One

Since I'm down with making seventy of these cards for Christmas this year, I think it's safe to say that I like the design. Something about the simple layers just gets me.

But, as usual, I got a little bored after six in a row and decided to treat myself with mixing it up a little.

So I made this:

It was still pretty easy.
Step 1: Stamp Chevron on card base in Versamark Ink
Step Two: Sprinkle with Clear (or white) embossing powder and heat.
Step Three: Apply distress ink somewhat randomly with foam pad. I used Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed and Spun Sugar
Step Four: I'm assuming the top layer is pretty self-explanatory, cut out clouds. Attach some on top with dimensional tape. Cut a few extras and make them into trees by coloring them green - layers of mustard seed and tumbled glass makes the green pictured - add your sentiment.

Here's a better look at the rainbow chevron layer - my Versamark ink is just filthy with glitter but I decided not to worry about it. 

A little sparkle is a good thing!

So I was all excited as the challenge (in my mixed-up mind) for WCMD at Ellen Hutson was


See what happens when I read on little sleep with no coffee???

In reality, there were challenges (PLURAL) so this one is for

"It's time to get your trend on - this challenge is to use a trendy shape such as the chevron, hexagon, triangle, etc on your project.

And Ranger has a challenge to go with the release of individual Distress Seasonal Distress Ink Pads:


Please check out my next post for the latest version of this design.


Kathi said...

Genius design, beautifully executed.

You should win all of those challenges.

Your card is gorgeous. I've got dibs on a card of this design. *wink*

Kittie said...

This is so precious!!!!!

CathyR said...

Great card. I love the cloud trees, genius idea.

Gez said...

STUNNING card, fabulous & unique xx