Tuesday, August 18, 2009

*Chirp*

It's 4:00 AM and DH has been up for hours trying to track down intermittent bursts of continuous chirping. I've been up on and off all night but haven't been playing hide and seek as my mobility is giving me grief.

*chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp*

This happened last week and we never got to the bottom of it then either. Our alarms are on a circuit which adds to the fun. The sound seems to be echoing and whenever you think you're close, it stops.

*chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp*

At least it only woke up one of the kids. The other two can sleep through anything.

I finally mounted all my stamps. It took a couple of days but it's done. Mounting stamps is right up there with cleaning bathrooms in my book which is why I usually don't bother. But, I like the additional cushion so I did it. And now I won't have to again for a long, long time. Yay.

CAD # 16:


This was my first time using a template (Bazzil) for stitching instead of free-hand. To be honest, I don't really like it. While it's a bit faster to make the holes, they aren't near as close together and neat as I would do myself. Next time I'll use the template for the shape and then make an extra hole between each of theirs.

7 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the handstitching detail!

Claudette said...

could the chripping come from some type of weather alert system either on a computer, phone...etc?
Ours come from our carbon monoxide alarm detector.....grrrrrrrrrrr Or our dish washer......grrrrrr
Hope you find out soon.....nice work on the cards

Anonymous said...

I think your card is gorgeous!

CathyR said...

Beautiful card. I love the stitching. I have some of those Bazzill templates, but haven't tried them yet.

Could the chirping be from a smoke detector or a cell phone with a low battery? Just two of the things in our house that chirp. :-)

Kathi said...

I was not impressed with the Bazzill templates when I saw them demo'd at CHA a few years back.

My refrigerator chirps, the ice maker in the freezer moans, and the phone sounds like it's possessed.

take a little piece of my art said...

Love this (*chirp*) card!!! But (*chirp*) you're right...I find that (*chirp*) the holes are too far apart!!! Sorry about the chirping...couldn't help myself!! ;) Too many latte's today I guess!!! I hope you find the source of the annoying chirping.

My hair straightener chirps if I leave it plugged in and the refrigerator compressor vibrates the kitchen when it shuts off.
In the winter (and we haven't figured it out after 10 yrs. of living here) when it gets way below zero, we'll get woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of the loudest banging I've ever heard!! It scares the living daylights out of me! It's strange how houses have their "sounds"!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO gorgeous! Love the swirled stitching. Makes me wanna sew something asap. :o)