Friday, September 4, 2009

Some Very Exciting News

Anyone seen the movie Rockstar? In it, Mark Wahlberg plays the lead character in a story loosely based on the goings on in the band Judas Priest. Wahlberg's character, Chris, is Steel Dragon's biggest fan, in fact he spends his time as the singer in a cover band playing Steel Dragon songs night after night. One morning he gets a call from the band's lead guitarist who had seen a tape of one of Chris's concerts and asks him to fly to LA and try out for the job of their new lead singer. Marky Mark gets the gig and famously opens each of his shows with the line,

"You know, I'm just a regular guy who grew up with the posters of these guys on my wall... and now I'm one of them! That's right, I'm standing here, living proof that if you work hard enough, and you want it bad enough... dreams do come true. So follow your dreams..."

I'm kind of feeling a bit like Chris the main character. You know how I LOVE Gauche Alchemy?

Well, check this out: CLICK ME


*SSSSSQQQQQQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL*

12 comments:

itsallrosi said...

tee hee, I've seen Rock Star love this analogy!

but YYYAAAYYY!!! so happy for you!

Christy said...

OMG! Congrats Nicole! That's awesome, not really surprized. I love what you do with their stuff.

Unknown said...

Nicole, that is so frickin' sweet! Congrats, you deserve it :)

CathyR said...

Way to go Nicole! This is so awesome. Have fun, you deserve it.

Nina said...

Congrats, Nicole! Looking forward to working with you! =)

*hugs*
Nina

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME! You GO GIrl!!!! BTW...love that movie, too!!! :) AND I wanted to let you know that I am not a part of the MyGraficO DT!!!! :P

Perpetual Beginner said...

Congratulations!! Rock on with your bad self!

Anonymous said...

Awww... you're so sweet, Nicole! I can't believe we go the whole Rockstar analogy! Now I feel so spechul. :)

Amy

Anonymous said...

WELL DESERVED!!!! You ROCK!

Kas said...

Congrats!!
Love the movie, love your work, you deserve it.

Cheryl Valadez said...

CONGRATS!! You rock!!

Kathi said...

Yahoo. You so deserve it. They're brilliant for recognizing your brilliance. :D