Friday, January 21, 2011

Cake #3: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake


Salt and Pepper, Milk and Cookies, Ham and Cheese... all great pairings but the one combination to rule them all may just be:

Peanut Butter and Chocolate!

I knew what I'd be making for Cake #3. 

Doesn't it look like a plate full of regret? 

A few things about cakes, I always sift my dry ingredients. Some folks just whisk them but sifting incorporates the ingredients better and helps avoid the little globs of baking soda that are so gross to find in a bite of cake.


Love this stage. So full of potential:


Then you add your liquids and get batter. This is my stress spot when baking. 
Will I equally divide it between pans? Did I forget the eggs? Will it rise? Will it fall?


Fast Forward to cooled cake and whipped cream cheese and peanut butter (oh my heaven I can die now) frosting.


The cake is supposed to be a three layer cake but ours is only two. First, I only own two cake pans and secondly, even if I did, we don't need a triple layer cake, on a Friday, before grocery shopping. Need to save something up my sleeve for birthdays and wedding days.

I split the batter in thirds, 2 cake pans and the rest as cupcakes. I put the cupcakes in the freezer for a later noshing date.

Voila!

Wanna see it again? I know, I do too. In fact, I keep opening the fridge and looking at the latest object of my affection.


Linked up to:

7 comments:

Ryann said...

That looks AMAZINGLY good and naughty at the same time!

Sarah said...

Jacob said... "Ooooh, I have to have that!" :) Looks delicious!

Lisa said...

Wow, that glaze looks amazing dripping down your cake. One bite of that and I would be in heaven. I have a new linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-1_21.html

scrambledhenfruit said...

Chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven. :) Your cake looks fabulous with the peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze. Yum!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for coming by and linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I truly appreciate your support. Hope that you'll be able to join in again next week. By then, I'll have a cute button that you can grab and add to your post.

Caroline said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog, I saw this post on Sweets for a Saturday and had to stop by. My late aunt made something very similar to this cake, and I've always wanted to make it myself, but never found a recipe that looked like it would be 'good enough' to compare to that cake. This one looks like it's worth a try. It sounds absolutely divine!

Meg Luby said...

i just knew your 3rd cake was going to be even more delicious then the previous 2 :)

nicely done, lady
-meg
-meg
@clutzycooking.blogspot.com
@myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com