Monday, April 11, 2011

A House is Made with Walls and Beams...

(click to see the details)

This one is my favorite. I included lots of memories and bits and pieces from people I love.


See, told you. Those pics on the left? 
My first day of school way back in '79.


Brayden's birthday cake request and a letter from my Nana.


Note from my dad-in-law and the photo strip I printed for our 16th anniversary:


And here is a birthday message from dear friends of ours, mixed in with my quote.


This makes me really happy.

Linked up with:


Tatertots and Jello

The Girl Creative

16 comments:

grrlpup said...

eeeeee! :)

Dara Lynn said...

I think this is my favorite!!!

Kim said...

I just love this and how personal it is- beautiful!!!!! I think you are becoming one of my favorite blogs!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Oh, Nicole! This is wonderful! So many layers and bits of fabulous materials. I love it! In fact, I am loving all of your collaged art pieces ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Carmen said...

This makes ME happy!

Is this all off the back of that class? And do you mind me nicking some of these for the newsletter? And can I steal that quote? And will you come to England and do a class? And..and... that is all for now!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It makes me happy too! Thanks for sharing, Nicole. You do such wonderful, thought-provoking collage.

Sudha said...

Wow, its so creative n artistic.

Laura said...

WOW this is my favourite so far, so much love and memories a realy treasure xxx

Unknown said...

WOW - it's so wonderful that it includes all of those memories. I'm SO inspired! I'm excited to become a new follower, too. :)

Kathi said...

Wow!!!! I totally love this page. The layering, details, mementos, and all fabulous.

Spyder said...

Love this, sooo much to see, and then you find something else!
(Lyn)

Cyndi L said...

Ohmygoodness, that is fabulous! Thanks for showing how the layering worked...so cool!

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Wow!! This is amazing and gorgeous and heart-warming! I absolutely love that quote! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm your newest follower :)

ACreativeDreamer said...

What a great piece! I just love it!

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

how fun!

kisses
heather

Cherie said...

How inspiring! Your work is so beautiful. I LOVED what you did here.