Friday, July 29, 2011

House of Poe: Wonky Mixed Media House

This is my entry for The Octopede Factory Friday Challenge: Spots and Dots


I used their Edgar Allan Poe Digital Collage Sheet printed on Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Backed Canvas and colored with Faber Castell's Big Brush markers.

Click on the pics to see the details.


This is also my SOS entry for "Buttons, Blooms and Bananas" as I used my treasured black and red  buttons - from an at least five year old kit - and my yo-yo flower "blooms".

I still need to decide how to quilt and bind this as well as if I'm going to add paint or more ephemera. It's huge - close to three feet - so I'm a little intimidated. LOL. So far though, I like where it's headed.

Thanks for popping by,

Warmly,
Nicole

8 comments:

Maureen said...

I just love this! I took a class devoted to Poe in college, he's one of my favorites.

Heather B said...

Great card! Thanks for using those hoarded buttons on our Shopping Our Stash challenge. Glad to have you!

Mary C. said...

My favorite thing is the raven on top!

Cheryl Valadez said...

OOohhhh!!! LOVE this Edgar Allen Poe set, Nicole! What a fabulous collage project and the additional lines from the poem are the perfect addition to make it just that much more somber and dark, yet lovely and sweet, all at the same time. My crafty crystal ball shows more of these Octopode images in your future ;D

CarlaKH said...

Wow three feet! That is huge! I love it though...so many neat elements. I just bookmarked the site you got the images..too fun. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

www.StarHughes.com said...

This is so cool! And so unique! I love how creative you are Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Edgar ALLAN Poe. Not "Allen".

Lina Thomlinson said...

Ooh, love this! I'm a huge Poe fan so this is understandably right up my alley. Great job. You've made it both whimsical and a little creepy.