Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mixed Media- For a Friend

Gosh, I think I've caught some sort of 120 day curse. I can't seem to get well for more then a day or two in a row. More likely, it's just my whack-a-doodle immune system paired with the Prednisone disaster. Either way, in amongst all the back silliness I've started throwing up. I don't think I'm actually sick though - just my body is acting weird. Or maybe, I'm just so darn charming my food wants to see me again. Either way... UGH!

So my apologies if my posts are slightly less frequent. It's been ugly around here.

On the good side, I've been laid-out enough to get to a lot of menial tasks I NEVER want to do. Like cleaning the lids on my various salt shakers, organizing and labeling my spices, throwing out long expired food... yeah, I'm a wild party. My cupboards look fantastic though :-)

Back in April I made this for my gorgeous friend Brittany. My plan was to have it complete except for her race stats, add them as soon as they were posted, varnish and have it to her early in the week following her race. Nice thought, no?

Instead I broke my foot on Monday, contracted creeping death on Tuesday and kicked off this happy time... back in April. But, it is finally done and in her possession.


And it has great texture...


...kind of like Brittany's hair. She's absolutely beautiful and often wears the cutest cap sleeved tops. I tried to capture her fashion sense and look in the collage:

Photo by Raji Barbir

Making something for someone I admire so much was a real pleasure.

9 comments:

Mary C. said...

She will love it. I think you captured her hair beautifully.

Sudha said...

Wow lovely. She will luv it.

Juls said...

this is so fab!! love all the details and the colours! Hugs Juls

Mitralee said...

Love that texture and the idea behind your gift! Nice job!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your collage is just wonderful - one of your best IMHO.

Angie H said...

I love all the mediums you use Nicole! Very inspiring to get a little inky.

Unknown said...

Ugg..... I hope you get to feeling better for more than 2 days at a time real soon. Sick sucks.

Cindy said...

Oh that's just wonderful! I know I would cherish it forever if it were me! I certainly hope that you get on the real mend quickly and get over this sickness.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Helena Davey said...

Hey Nicole, I recently used a stencil for the first time and had some issues with it lying flat. I described it in my latest post. Any advice? Thanks!