Sunday, July 24, 2011

Treasure Card: Heat and Dry Embossing Galore


This is my entry for the July Bombshell Stamps Sketch Challenge.
Here's Kathi's awesome sketch:
Details:

It's also my entry for Shopping Our Stash Challenge 9: Technique Turn Back. The technique I used was heat embossing with funky embossing powder. I NEVER do that anymore. So I hauled out my verdigris, gold, bronze and went to town with the Versamark ink. What a mess! I can totally see how this technique got left in the dust. On the other hand, the effect is really stunning. I still can't believe that started out as a plain piece of white paper! Thanks to the girls at SOS for inspiring me to bust out an oldie but a goodie.


I had embossing on the brain because Simon Says Show Some Embossing... it's just fun to say isn't it. Now I want to play Simon Says... do you think the kids will mind? Anyhow... have you checked out their challenges - awesome sauce!

Pirate's Treasure is also my entry for the GC110: Spicy Supply Challenge - Gears, Cogs and Watch Bits. I'm so glad they posted that challenge as I'd never used this embossing folder even though I made a huge fuss about 'having to have it'. There's a lesson there for me.

11 comments:

SmilynStef said...

You gave that turn back technique a whole new life ... awesome.

Mary C. said...

WOW! WOW1 WOW! This looks fantastic! Totally love the old metal look. Another home run!

Dan said...

Great card, the colour and texture of your embossed panels is fantastic! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

CarlaKH said...

oooh this is soo cool! Love the embossing ...and you are right. it is something you can't do quickly and a bit of clean up.. but the results are fabulous. Love your card! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Absolutely "WOW!!!" card, Nicole!! Stunning colors and love that embossed technique. The effect is just beyond beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash! xo

Juls said...

gorgeous!! stunning mix of textures! Hugs Juls

www.StarHughes.com said...

I love embossing! This is such a great card, I'm impressed! How amazing would it be to get a card as gorgeous as that in the mail!

Alica said...

Fabulous! I love, love, loooove the background you created - amazing!
Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Hugs, Alica :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! Great card!!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Holy Cow! I *LOVE* the background texture and color! FABULOUS.

Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Nicole, I know I commented on this before...in the forum, maybe? Anyway, it's awesome that it definitely warrants another comment here. I love this card! The textures really pop and practically have the same "wow" factor as a 3-dimensional embellishment. Of course, your bombshell is fab, too. Everything pulls together for a perfect card. Wonderful work, my friend! Hugz, Cheryl