Monday, September 8, 2008

The Best Laid Plans of Mice...

I've been home from Canada for a whole week and haven't posted about our trip. It was, in a word, wonderful. Seeing Mom and Dad was such a treat and we were very comfortable there. We met with almost all of the extended family and I was just overwhelmed by how loved Chris is. I don't think I would have been okay with him living so far from home all these years if I'd known how many people miss him as much as they do - they all openly adore him. Not that I blame them, he is pretty darn adorable.

Thunder Bay is a beautiful city. Very picturesque and Lake Superior is stunning. There is a pretty little marina just off of down town and it's full of handsome boats. We went to several parks and it felt so good to be around tall old trees and ambling rivers again.





We also got our passports while we were there and they arrived at our house almost as soon as we got home. Getting a Canadian passport is much easier in Canada. We saved ourselves a ton of hassle.

My Mom is coming into town tomorrow and staying through next Monday. I haven't seen her in two and a half years. Shameful! So today I need to cook and clean and get everything ready for her. I'm not feeling well at all so I hope I can muster the energy to get things ship-shape.

I know some of my amazing friends are great with close together travel and company *coughSarahcough* but I feel like we are still trying to catch up from being gone for ten days and now my mom is here. Usually I don't pack my schedule quite so tight.

6 comments:

Hope said...

I'm with you Nicole. I still haven't posted about our trip to NYC. Maybe later today . . . maybe.

Karen Compton said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! And what a quick turn-around to your mom's visit! That would be hard for me, too. Our family definitely has that need for our own space to "recover" from family visits, wonderful as they are.

Sassy Pam said...

Beautiful pics! Sounds like you had a good time.

amberhelga said...

wow it is beautiful there. Your family is so cute!

jamie said...

beautiful photos of your canada trip. you must have lots of inspiration for a great travel book. you must post for all to see when you get to that...and you have nyc pics too? oh girl...give it up!!!

Angela said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip, TFS. Beautiful photos!