Monday, December 12, 2011

Cardamon Cocoa with Orange Whipped Cream


What kind of girl promises you a cocoa recipe and then doesn't come through. 
Sorry! Life really got in the way. 


Orange Spice Cocoa

Sift 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 1/4 tsp of cardamon and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder together into a bowl.
Bring six cups of milk to a simmer over medium heat.
Whisk in cocoa mixture.

Fold 1/2 tsp of orange zest into 1 cup of whipped cream.

Divide hot cocoa into six mugs. Tp with generous dollops of whipped cream.

Note: I make my whipped cream in a blender. It's super fast and comes out perfect every time. All you need is heavy whipping cream, a small spoon full of confectioners sugar and flavoring - I prefer 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix on high speed until it stops moving. My blender usually makes a "clunk" sound. Don't mix anymore or you'll get butter.


It's especially yummy with these:


Brayden and I tried the whole 'flooding' royal icing thing. I think people fuss a little too easily - it's not near as scary as I've heard. This one is mine, minus the cinnamon nose that Brayden added



It was fun showing him the snowman cookie is a reindeer if you flip it upside down trick - blew his mind. I guess he thought I've baked "both" all these years. LOL.





5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

The cocoa recipe sounds so good! I have never made my whipping cream in a blender. I am so going to have to try it!!

And I love the cookies...and all of you and your son's sense of humor!

Dunx said...

hmm, yes, the blender whipped cream sounds very handy - I will have to try that, although my special recipe requires rather more tasting than that because I am never sure how much sugar or vanilla syrup to put in.

Talking of sugar cookies, I saw this neat thing on Instructables about using food colouring to refill markers:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Food-Coloring-Markers/

A bit labour-intensive unfortunately, but a fun thing once they're done.

Lina Thomlinson said...

You are diabolical! I mean that in a good way, of course. Orange whipped cream? Sounds heavenly!

Mary C. said...

I thought those were gingerbread men and now I find out they are also snowmen AND reindeer? Man, I live a sheltered life.
I want you to come to my house and make me some Orange whipped cream. Please?

Kathi said...

Mmm. Cocoa plus cardomom equals bliss.

I love your rockin' cookie.

Whipped cream in a blender? Who knew? (Obviously other than you!)