Friday, December 2, 2011

Tag One: Tim's Twelve Tags of Christmas

Yeah... I couldn't help myself. Tim Holtz is just so darn irresistible I had to take a crack at making his December 1st tag. 

Since I didn't have any of the supplies used, I think I did a passable job. 

(click on the picture)

The two techniques I added to this tag (different than Tim's) is that I dabbed the letters with Mod Podge unevenly and then sprinkled on glitter. After I tapped the glitter off, I boiled the glue with my heat tool which made gorgeous lumps and layers of "snow"

Since I didn't have any greenery punches I cut a leaf shape and feathered the edges with my scissors, added Distress Ink and scrunched up the edges.


And here's Tim's


We celebrated our first advent last night. Avery unwrapped our Yahtzee card game. It was nice stopping everything for 20 minutes and playing together. If you want to read more about this year's advent plans, click HERE.

7 comments:

the vintage lemon said...

These tags are adorable! awesome job! Yes the ribbon end clamps were in the jewelry section. At my jo-ann's they were on a kiosk in the middle of the bead section, at the VERY bottom, totally hidden. If you still can't find them, email me or leave me a comment and i'll take a picture of the packaging for you! best of luck, can't wait to see them when you are finished!

Ayana said...

That is SO pretty!

Juls said...

these are gorgeous!!! Love the sparklel lettering!!! Hugs Juls

Kathy Ethington said...

Love how you boiled the glitter...I must try that tip...your tag is lovely.

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful tag - love the greenery, and the way you 'boiiled' the glitter. TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredsrapbooking.blogspot.com

Alecia @ ChickenScratch NY said...

Thank you for this! I love how you made your version out of something completely different but still ended up with the same idea

Helena Davey said...

I honestly like yours better than his. It's less busy. I'm a minimalist :)