Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cardboard LO

Ah, don't you just love up-cycling? I was cleaning up a pile of ... well, stacked stuff... and found a marvelous bit of packaging. This cardboard panel was just the right size for scrapbooking so I peeled off the top layer and pried my fingernail off the nail bed in the process. Evil stuff cardboard - but, sometimes you need to make an appropriate sacrifice to the craft gods if you wish to have any sort of abundant mojo :-)

Next I painted the cardboard with blue and green paint and set it aside to dry. I have been making a lot of cards lately and my little trash bucket was running over with trimmings. I was able to make all the stamped details on this layout with discarded bits or the back of smudged stamp-failures.

The paper, ribbon etc. were all bits left over from other projects. I colored in several of the grid squares to match the stamps. All in all it was a tremendously fun endeavor.


Here's some close ups:





And in keeping with my theme, this project met with my commitment to contribute a recycled cardboard project for the Green Team Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting Friends (great site, go join ) and to try my hand at using stamps on a LO - a tutorial hosted by Glittery Katie, Miss June, at the Bombshell Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group. If you haven't got involved yet at Paper Craft Planet you should scamper over there and sign up. The place is RAD!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bombshell Stamps. orange flowers from Bombshell Angel, Bird, Til Death and flower in photo corner from the retired "Til Death set.
paint: Delta
Pearls: Martha Stewart
Flowers: Bazzil
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned Paper: Fancy pants and K and Co

P.S. You know how I did the red, white and blue card yesterday for Kathi's challenge? I forgot to mention that you don't need to use Bombshell Stamps. You can use whatever you have... I'm not even sure you have to use stamps at all. I can ask her. So if not having any Bombshells is keeping you from playing along; don't let it.


11 comments:

itsallrosi said...

first burning hot pepper, now ripping off your fingernail. Nicole, be careful!

I just love this layout!

Mary C. said...

Gorgeous LO! I think you are accident prone like me. It's because we just dive in. I like that about you.
Blessings,
Mary

Godelieve said...

Ooooh, looks fantastic! Love all the stamped embellishing!

Cathy said...

Awesome layout. I love the stitching, the torn paper, the stamping, the painting, well I guess I love everything about it.

Lisa - papergrace said...

Super stunning! Y'know...one of these days I am gonna learn how to do the stitching thing. (I just need to get off my duff since I don't sew.) I love the look so much!!

Really awesome color combo, and with the distressed paper and those stamps...just a knock-out!

Claudette said...

Fantastic LO!....once again great layout

Nicole said...

Wow! The layout is awesome! Love the stamps too.

Amy Wing said...

Ah, I was going to ask if those were Bombshell Stamps! Love them. And I love cardboard incorporated into layouts! Tell me, if Gauche Alchemy were to incorporate "defaced" cardboard in our kits to prevent you from losing a nail, would that be a good idea? ;)

Candace H said...

What a fabulous layout, Nicole!

Nathalie said...

Great page Nicole!!! I love the bright color combo and the cardboard background! Love your details too!

Unknown said...

Awesome, awesome page!! Not sure what I love most, the stamp, the cardboard....