Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Leandra Beads and Bookmarks


There was an amazing tutorial on Paper Artsy for making Leandra Beads and my youngest and I set out making a batch of them on a quiet Sunday afternoon.




These are a not for the faint of heart. There is non-stop dipping things in molten plastic. 

Fun for kids!


But there really isn't anything quiet like having your art incased in a shiny, marvelous bead.


You start with a paper bead which I made using one of my collages.


And then there is a lot of dipping and swirling. You really must go check out her tutorial.


Aren't they lovely!







I wanted to really showcase each unique bead so I made some bookmarks with them. Just simple seam binding and a clamp. It only took minutes but the result is spectacular.



Thanks so much for stopping by.




3 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Little raindrops of loveliness. Each one unique, just like all of us and each one loved by you. Would like to try this, thanks. X

PaperArtsy said...

Brilliant! I really should do a video for that technique, yes it can be a bit owie if you are not careful. I made bracelets with a bunch of teens one and they survived! Thx for sharing
Leandra x

Carmen said...

Gorgeous Nicole - I love what Hazel said - Little raindrops of loveliness. Yes, exactly that.