Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can you lovely blog readers answer a few questions for me? I sell on Etsy and my orders while far from regular do trickle in at a steady rate. One thing I love about Etsy is connecting with your customers and a way I do that is that I always include a little extra in my parcels. With cards I'll include three gift tags that can double as crafting embellishments, with tags I'll include cards or a gift bag - something to let the person know how grateful I am for the order and to give them a bit more than they expected. That said, it occurred to me that most of the things I send are for the purchaser to give away. If they like my work enough to buy it, then perhaps they'd like to keep a piece for themselves. The order I filled this morning was for a card so I made her a bookmark instead of gift tags. That way she'll have something to enjoy as well as something to give.

What sort of bonus item would you like to have arrive in the parcel if you placed an etsy order with me?

Would you like it to reflect the Holiday you ordered for (ie: Halloween treat with Halloween order) or would you prefer the gift to be for the next holiday (ie: Christmas tags with Halloween order) or generic.

Thanks for much for your input.

Etsy
Buy Handmade
PerkyNihilist

11 comments:

Jenn said...

You are a winner! Check it out!

http://torendi.blogspot.com/2009/10/wow-winner-and-coupon.html

Heather said...

I think that it's awesome that you give the purchaser a lil' something! I would think random; what ever you would like to add. All your work is so GREAT!!!

Gabby said...

You are awesome in giving a little extra to your customers! Honestly...to me a gift is a gift...so I'll be appreciative of ANYTHING I get. I think it's up to you what you would like to add...;)

Kick @$$ tag! I NEED to get that stamp!!!

grrlpup said...

The extras are one of my favorite things about Etsy! If I got a gift tag that kind of went with the present I'd ordered, I'd be thrilled to use it along with the gift. But from a business perspective, a tag for the next holiday might remind someone to come back and shop at your store again in a couple of months-- a completely non-pushy reminder, too.

Adriana Puckett said...

That is so sweet of you to go that extra step and give something special. I would vote for a bookmark, cool tags, or a blank card.

Kathi said...

Congrats on your Torendi win!

I think you'r right. The person is ordering because they like your work. The bookmark is a great idea. A small wall hanging (coaster size) might be nice too, since sadly, not everyone is a reader!

Whatever you send, I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Carisa said...

that is awesome that you add a little extra extra to your orders! i agree with everyone else, a gift is a gift and I'd appreciate anything. it would definately bring me back to your shop whenever i needed anything else.

Renee Drew said...

I have to agree with so many others. A gift is a gift. Anything I get for free is my favorite price!

Stephanie J said...

That is awesome, Nicole! I think I agree with grrlpup - a tag for the next holiday is a great non-pushy reminder!

Bombshell Stamps said...

Gosh, I always love catching up on your blog Nicole! Great comments here on your gifting efforts, and I have to agree with them all. I think I would be so surprised that either way, a gift tag or bookmark, I would be thrilled! You are so gracious, and thoughtful!

Maggi said...

I always love getting a little extra surprise with my Etsy purchases. I think something that goes with what is bought is great!