Friday, October 2, 2009

World Card Making Day

Happy World Card Making Day. I thought I'd make something befitting the season and what is more appropriate than a wickedly cool witch. I haven't decided if she's just playing dress up or if she should be moving to Eastwick. All I know is that she can pull off the pumpkin colors and still look darn sexy!


Stamps Used: A Pirate's Life, Holiday Accessories I can't believe how often I use these two stamp sets - it's crazy!

Jacquie Nordaune, AKA Ms.October at Bombshell Stamps issued this months challenge. You've seen my entry, now make something of your own and be sure to let me know about it. The details:

CONTEST GUIDELINES: (CONTEST ENDS OCT. 31, 2009)
The creation can be a card, layout or altered item, but must have:

1. a Bombshell Stamp somewhere
2. use of ORANGE, BLACK, GREEN, and purple is an optional substitution color.
3. tag the photo's of your submission with "BSSOCT09", to be entered in the drawing!

And look what you can win - SUGAR SKULLS:



Here's a link to the other Bombshell Gals in the blog hop:


Jacquie

Glittery Katie

Kas

Kathi

Sarah K

Shannon

Terra

29 comments:

Kathi said...

Great card! She looks great in orange & green.

Wonderful job with the masking. I love the bats going off the page, your coloring, the way you did the moon, and the clouds.

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

Your right, she rocks those colors! Awesome card! Love it

Sassy Pam said...

This card is awesome!!!! Love the colors & all the details you put into it.

itsallrosi said...

whoa, she is super fabulous!

saw your note about the PC book and yes, its ours. looks like they just added it to the store.

Maggi said...

This is so cool, she looks like a witchy super hero!

Jacqueline said...

She is so beautiful! I really love her hat and other accessories, it just adds so much to your card! It is just perfect...you are such an amazing inspiration!

Crazy Creations said...

WOW is all I have to say .Hugs Sarah

Christy Dillman said...

Love it, your sky background is fabulous!

Mary G. said...

Great, great card! You did a fabulous job with the color challenge and I just LOVE the layout!

Unknown said...

Nicole, your cards are always impeccable!WOW WOW WOW!!! Everything on there screams Halloween, and it is awesome! Love the clouds, the layering, the coloring, everything!

Kia Mellor said...

I love your card the full orange moon really sets the witch craft mood...and thanks for having the other blog hop participants on your blog ( made it real easy for this little tired Aussie tring to hop from hop to hop.. :) )

Unknown said...

I love how versatile this stamp set is - looks great!

Gabby said...

She's gorgeous, Nicole! Love the green and orange on her!

HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!!

GlitteryKatie said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

CathyR said...

Love the card. The colors are great and I love the clouds.

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Oh I vote moving to Eastwick! She's a honey. Love the border around the card.

Randi said...

Stunning!! Love the dimension! These colors are perfect!

Carrie said...

very fun halloween inspiration!

Purple Princess said...

Wonderful card!!!

Stitchinwitch said...

Another amazing card. Great colouring and style

Anonymous said...

You are so clever,just beautiful!

mamakat said...

WOW! that is one hot witch, Happy card day!

Graci said...

Love it, your combination colors are amazing!

Bombshell Stamps said...

Fantastic Halloween card Nicole! I really like the spooky paper, that makes it all pop! Nice job, and you've been a busy girl!

starqueen said...

Hi Nicole,
Love your witchy woman! She sure does cast a spell! Happy WCD and thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love the shadowing of the clouds, moon is cool also, don't know if I could compete with that. Beautiful

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

I can totally see why you use these two sets, they're fantastic! Great job!

Tanonbomb said...

I love this card!

Anonymous said...

I´m just about my mouth open here and wonderining how you and other bomb DT:s can do this kind of art! Awesome!!