This is a pathetic plea to my online friends to give me a hand. I think I've hit a plateau on my diet. I seem to be bobbling back and forth, up a half pound, down a half pound for the last month. I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. But, next Wednesday I'll have been on my diet 180 days and I really want to break through the forty pound barrier. I really, really, really do.
The tough parts:
*I've been too sore to exercise.
*My sweetie became a vegan so I've gone from making vegan girl food to vegan feasts. Trust me, the fat cells in your rear end can tell the difference between an apple and a vegan apple crisp. And don't even get me started on vegan pesto drizzled with olive oil. MMMMMM! Sheer bliss but the calories!
* My stress level has been high (all that stinky doctor stuff) which always makes me hungry.
* Long term weight loss is boring. There I said it. BORING.
* I'm down 38.6 pounds so 40 is well within shooting range.
* I've started getting up with DH and having a soak in the hot tub before he goes to work. That seems to loosen things up enough that I've been able to work out twice this week already and a full thirty minutes this morning which is almost normal. Working out really helps the weight come off.
* Cravings and such aren't a problem anymore. I find the foods I eat to be incredibly satisfying.
So ladies, prop me up. Share your wisdom. I'm sure many of you have lost weight - possibly even significant amounts - and weathered a plateau. What are the tricks?
Also, I'd like you all to celebrate with me next Wednesday when I hit my 180 day goal.