Friday, November 14, 2008

Pretty Packages: Tree Box Ornaments

I had so much fun making my box in a bag yesterday that I thought I'd keep up the momentum and make a few more pretty packages for the upcoming holidays. These gorgeous little boxes are are treat sized and would be excellent for holding a few chocolates, wrapped candies or a coupon for a special service. They close with two tabs and can actually take a pretty good beating ( my boys handled them extensively) without coming open.



You can find the tutorial and template here. The template has two tree boxes per sheet of paper. I copied mine onto heavy card stock and used one to trace out a full tree box. With the other, I cut out the panels of the three triangular sides (not the bottom) and used them as templates for cutting paper to the right dimensions.

For the orange nature box I made the base with kraft card stock and then added the orange paper. For the bird box I made the box itself out of heavy patterned paper and saved myself the extra step.

Here are a few more views:





These would make wonderful advent boxes. You could make 24 of them (once you get the hang of it, they're quick) and put a nice cheerful number on the front and then hang them all over your christmas tree. Inside you could place notes as to that days special activity - sledding, baking cookies, looking at lights etc. - and then open one each day.

Supplies:

Bazzil Cardstock
Patterned paper: Crate, October Afternoon
Stamps: Just Johanna's Odd Bird Planet
Colored with: Zig marker and watercolor pen:
Cuttlebug Snowflake Die and Embossing Folder

5 comments:

Claudette said...

how cute are these boxes....love your choice of papers

Mary C. said...

I love the Advent idea. Super cute and it would give the kids a 'present' from the tree to open each day.

CathyR said...

Those are so pretty and elegant. The Advent idea is a great one.

Elizabeth R. said...

Love, love, love these!
Adorable idea!

Angela said...

These are just beautiful!