Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mixed Media Collage

Back in the day I used to do a lot of mixed media collage but it seemed kind of indulgent because they weren't "useful" like scrapbooking. This morning I decided that I've had a dreadful week - capital D dreadful) and I would submit to my whims.

Barbara posted a challenge at TSR to recycle something.

Here's what I started with:



And this is what I made:



I used nearly the whole piece of cardboard, a page from a book, embossing powder, beads and wire.

8 comments:

grrlpup said...

It's beautiful! I don't think a fine-art piece is more indulgent-- it's more that it's general-audience instead of directed-audience like a card or a family scrapbook.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
x Natasha x

Claudette said...

you hold hidden talents....that is really beautiful so artsy

Kim Dellow said...

oh wow that is amazing. Kim

Hope said...

I'm so glad you succumbed to your whims! This is absolutely fabulous -- wow!

Kathi said...

This is just gorgeous! It would make an amazing gift if you don't feel like keeping it for yourself!

lauren bergold said...

ok, see i tell myself the same thing about cards--they are PRACTICAL ART and thus a better use of my time...and then i see something like ♥♥THIS♥♥...and i think, "holy moly we are SO WRONG on this point!"

not that allllll of your art is not amazing and special and beautiful and cool...but ♥♥THIS♥♥ rocks my world!!!!!

ok so...where are my magazine pages...? :)

Diggy's Boy said...

cord bored? it must be tough.