Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge

I'm just going to make the deadline for this challenge by the skin of my teeth *grin* This week's challenge over at the Cuttlebug Challenge website was to emboss a die cut. I was stumped as I don't think of myself as someone who uses die cuts. Sure, I have a Cuttlebug but it's My Squishy, a fantastic dry embossing tool. I only have two dies. What's a girl to do? Then it occurred to me that my lovely new Cricut is an electronic die cut machine. Duh! So I was off and running making both the die cut tags and the flowers.

I needed to keep things very simple today as my health isn't playing fair so I decided to make two tags inspired by the incredible work done by Godelieve



Here's some close-ups in case the embossing doesn't show up well on your monitor:




Everything for these cards came from my scrap bag. I seem to have become one of those people who doesn't throw out any paper bigger than my smallest punch. It gives me such a thrill though to take odds and ends and turn them into something as useful as gift tags - and I love the challenge.

I won one of the prizes at Cuttlebug Camp and it arrived in the mail today. Look at all my goodies:



Thanks so much ladies for the prize. I love it!

10 comments:

Rleen said...

I love your beautiful tags. Good for you, you received already. I just got my GC for the ACBaileyDesigns 3 days ago. I have to check what I can get with it. TFS!

Rosanne said...

Oh, these tags are lovely and I really like the layered flowers!

CathyR said...

Very pretty tags. I love the stitching and the layers flowers.

Godelieve said...

Those wavy lines are sooooo effective!! Gorgeous tags!!

Allison said...

great tags, thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
Allisonx

Laura said...

Hey girlie, go for it!!! i would love to see what kind of layout you will make! :)

craft mad Jenny said...

these tags are gorgeous!

Claire said...

Both of your tags are gorgeous. I love the colours and the flowers are very pretty.

Claire

Claudette said...

wonderful set of tags

Angela said...

Gorgeous tags. Love the stitching.

What a great prize.