Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Mail for Heroes

I heard about this from Just Johanna's Odd Bird Planet and had to share:

Holiday Mail for Heroes is a partnership between the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes to deliver one million holiday cards to American service members, veterans, and their families in the United States and around the world.

So when you're making your Holiday cards this year, make a few extras and send them to:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

All cards must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 10,
2008.

Please feel free to pass along this information to card-making friends via your blog and/or email! Together we can make a difference!


Here are two that I made last night:




The paper is by Martha Stewart and Bazzil
Stamps are: Long Legged Sue (right) and a sneak peek from the new release.

6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What fun cards! I love that candy cane paper.

Dianne said...

Adorable cards...and I love your paper choices!

CathyR said...

Cute cards. I love the little bird with the jeweled tail.

Debbie said...

Your cards are so cute! I hope you don't mind, but I am going to "borrow" your wording for this post for my blog. You've said it so well, that I couldn't do any better, so I copy you.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Yummy cards!

Kathi said...

Those are great! I agree. The candy cane paper is perfect. I especially like it scalloped.