Monday, December 15, 2008

Classic Mermaid Card

I had a lovely time making cards last night while the boys watched Dark Knight. Over the past few months I've colored a bunch of image but haven't found the right setting for them This mermaid was one of my favorites as I really like the color of her torso. But, I don't have much peach or pink paper lying about so it took some thinking to come up with a setting. I am very happy with what I came up with:


The last few days I've been pulling out my old, old papers and playing with them. Most of it is three to five years old, some older, and I'm surprised by how much I like most of it. I think paper crafters can get caught up in the new and shiny. Sometimes pulling out the older stuff is just the trick. And it's certainly good for the pocket book and the earth.

Supplies:

Bombshell Stamp, pigment ink an clear embossing powder
Punches
Basic Grey Paper
Dimensional Tape

4 comments:

Claudette said...

nicely done...love that basic grey, still have some left myself

itsallrosi said...

I have that paper, and I used it to death when it came out. I never get tired of Basic Grey, though.

Mermaid is awesome!

Angela said...

Great card. I have been trying to use up some older stash as well. It really feels good when you can use something that has just been sitting there.

CathyR said...

Nice card. She looks great on that paper. I like the photo corners too.