Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Loving Owls and a Fat Me

Ugh. Yesterday I weighed myself and I'd gained three pounds. I factored in an order of salty fries, drank a lot of water yesterday and excitedly stepped on the Wii Fit (scale) this morning and was up four more pounds - that's a total of SEVEN POUNDS in two days!!!! Now all I can think of that I've eaten extra is a half a bowl of apple crisp, heavy on the apple and light on the crisp. I've actually eaten less the last few days as I've felt horrid. So what gives? I'm guessing hormones but that means they're really wacky. You know what makes me nuts though? On Saturday night - a mere three days ago - I was rocking my size seven jeans and medium Jr. Dept sweater. Today I feel like if I suffered an untimely demise I'd have to be removed from the house with a crane. Poo!

On a happier note, I ordered some stamps from Odd Bird Planet stamps just for me - for fun. Last night my very favorite one got inky.

Here's what I made:


Stamps: Hearts Branch
and the owls are from the upcoming release
Paper: Fancy Pants and Bazzil
Sticker: Bella Blvd

6 comments:

itsallrosi said...

I've been eyeing up heart branch myself, love this!

CathyR said...

Cute card. I love those stamps.

Don't be too hard on yourself. This is just a little bump in the road. You've come along way and have done something really good for yourself.

Laura said...

Your card is sooo pretty! i love it! Those owls look so cute and that branch is looovely! :)

I know that it is often recommended that you weigh yourself only every 3 months, because weight goes up and down daily. Or if it starts getting you down, I think it might be a good idea to just use a tape measure instead of the scales or judge things by how your clothes fit.

Marnie said...

Adorable card I love the them hugging on the branch!

Sassy Pam said...

Nicole I just love all the new cards & Lo you've posted. Oddbird planet has awesome stamps!

Claudette said...

Do you realize its normal to go up and down 5 lbs. weekly.......
great job on another card using OBP stamps